Thursday 8 November 2012

On tree climbing.......

My job is wonderfully varied! Approached in my office well one of my team members offices while doing some pc stuff I was approached to give some support to a staff trying to get a girl up a tree down!. Not far up a tree but she was anxious apparently and having a time of it.


At first I was concerned as it goes overly so that she may require mental health support. It was pissing down and she was up a tree in the woods near the stream and wouldn't come down and wanted to be left alone outside in the open air and rain.  This was Monday- not had the time to post properly as the lap top went bang!! Another tale booo!

Anyhoo went down with my coffee not chuffed. It was pouring, cold, muddy. I am not a mental health professional.

Got there. Askedstaff ( 3 of them standing way back pleading with her to come down) her age - 17, She looked older as she was a large girl. No way could you get her to move unless she wanted to put it that way!

Bugger it thougth I . I need to make an assessment as to whether she does need the men in white coats or we will be stood in the pissing down rain for ever. She was perched on a tree that hung over  the bank that led to the river. Not too high but slippy.

In my Next work trousers with cooling coffee from the rain drops knocked it back  said 'Alreet pet' to tree girl and scampered up the bank. Slippy it was. Said are you gonna budge up or do I have to climb.... she ignored me so I climbed the tree. Swearing as I went. Not professional but as soon as the  ''Fuck it '' left my mouth she smiled and had a wee laugh to herself. Aha thought I not so morose as I was led to believe. Someone is have an attention paddy up a tree and wants some more attention more like. I plonked my mad middle aged arse ( am 39 nearly 40) next to her and figured she won't want to be sat here next to the sweary mary auld middle aged nut bag for too long.  I am still nimble and have some flexibility in the old hips... NO COMMENT ON HOW THEY ARE SO FLEXIBLE fnar fna.r I have lived. Nuff said. Nice spot I said.

And I was right. Down came Clarabella and she happily walked with me to a better more sheltered spot for a wee chat aboot life the universe and presentations.

I checked with the member of my team who is working with and knows the girl well that she does like a strop adn a paddy and attention.

A well timed purposeful swear can tell you alot about a person....

Thank you for reading. That is all

No comments:

Post a Comment