- Mattress for the bed
- A bookcase I have had for 6 years - ex stressed that I buy new in his house! Its the only thing I contributed and took that with me when I left!!
- Weeny Girl bed frame! - I didn't actually buy it so does it count???
- Computer desk cheap cheap from Argos -£12
- Futon - I needed a sofa type thing for the downstairs of the one bedroom house I moved into! About £112
- TV - not purchased by me either!!
- Towels - ASDA and doing fine
- Kettle - Sainsburys basics - about 3.98 3 years ago - doing well as is the cheapo microwave for £25 and toaster for 3.98 as well
- Dinner set - cheapest from Argos - now missing a few pieces!!
- Curtain poles - needed to get curtains up and couldn't wait for freecycle!
Aha - I lie - black out curtains for weeny girls room and also mini table and chairs for weeny girl to sit on - IKEA- great for crafting, eating dinner, when little friends visit!
All else preloved!!!! donated from friends, freecycled, ebayed - not much is ebayed!!! I love it and have been very lucky - my sofa and chairs are excellent quality, bed though now knackered had done well! I could go on. My only new purchases - hang on - forgot - washing machine!!! were necessitated by moving out of house with a small baby to a new house pronto. No time and not as easy to search for bargains when you have a small small one to look after and go to work full time and do it all on your own!!! I still have these very bland things now. I had no motivation then to seek out bargains with the priority being get settled and juggle work and baby stuff.
I think my suite and kitchen table etc are all great finds!! What are yours??? Have you indulged in anything brand new???
All of my kitchen gadgets - toastie maker, food processor, liquidiser, deep fat fryer are free cycled!!!
Just need a George Forman to complete the set!!!